Thursday, December 2, 2010

Australian Wines....4th largest wine exporter


Australia has become the 4th largest wine exporter in the world. Italy, France, Spain, Australia, Chili & the US are the rankings.We import all kinds of wines from Australia. It's famous one is Grange by Penefolds Vineyard which is very expensive (in the ball park of $500 per bottle sometimes) Very little of this wine is made. Perhaps that is why it is so expensive. Aside from the fact that it is very pleasing to the palate. I was graced on an occasion several years ago with a bottle of this vintage. But, Yellow Tail is one of our largest imports from Australia, being only $9 a bottle and this is a favorite of mine which I purchase regularly. The Shiraz is my favorite. The Yellow Tail Shiraz was the very first Shiraz and first Australian wine I tried and still today it is my all time fav.
Below are some of the great vineyards of Australia. I am very pleased to say I have had the pleasure of experiencing all except for Brokenwood Wines,Black Swan Vineyards,Juniper Estate and Vasse Felis.....sooooo if there are any samples out there for trying just send them on their way to me! LOL!!!!! Seriously******* I have linked each vineyard below with their links, so just click away and tour their vineyards and learn about their goodness. Till later....Cheers!
ROSEMONT
PENFOLDS
HARDYS
YELLOW TAIL
JACOB'S CREEK
LINDEMANS
ALICE WHITE
WYNNS COONAWARRA ESTATE
MARGARET RIVER WINE CENTER
BROKENWOOD WINES
BLACK SWAN VINEYARDS
JUNIPER ESTATE
VASSE FELIS

No comments:

Post a Comment