Saturday, November 6, 2010

Oh My! How could I forget!


Upon waking this morning I happened to realize that is has been 3 days since I had my "prescribed by physician" evening glass of wine. ....I ask myself "how could this be!?!" I am at the age where you do seem to forget things every now and then. Perhaps it is not an age thing, It very possibly could be that we all get so busy in our living that things just slip by us and we are so tired we just crash at night. I knew at 5 AM in the morning it would not be justified to have that "daily dose" of wine. But in my travels to the coffee pot I chuckled as I envisioned myself going to the box of wine .....bending down...placing my head under the fawcet....opening my mouth .....turning the fawcet wide open & letting that precious fruit of the vine splash on my tongue and satisfy my desire. What a site that would be I am sure! Maybe my cat "Gabby" would be at my feet lapping up some drippings....quite possibly she would just be sitting there patiently waiting for her breakfast and gazing up at me thinking "Mommy's finally lost it"! So as I made it to the coffee maker and got the can of cat food out I made a visual note to myself to look forward to this evening when I can go to the box of wine with my "special crystal glass" pour myself my "daily dose", retreat to my living room and relax with Gabby lying on my lap and gaze upon the fire in the fireplace & tell myself "yes my life is very, very good & I am very thankful" and even better since I remembered to follow "my docs orders". And if by chance I forget this part of my evening I will remember in the morning, giggle and while the coffee is brewing get myself a pen and paper & make myself a note! (and hope I remember to read the note) Cheers..............

No comments:

Post a Comment