Sunday, March 27, 2011

Jacob's Creek Merlot...mighty soft, mighty fine wine!

Last evening I opened my Christmas gift of a bottle of Jacob's Creek Merlot Wine for a friend & I over dinner. I must say it is my favorite Merlot. Smooth, silky & luscious. Also, full-bodied. The tannins are loaded with velvety softness which makes you wonder..."is this really Merlot"? Great taste of plums, cherries, spice, earth & white pepper. Such a balance.
In 1847 a young Bavarian immigrant planted a vineyard along the banks of Jacob's Creek all because he missed the wine he used to drink in his homeland. So he decided to make the wine himself. He had no idea it would do so well and later be named after the creek he planted his vineyard. I admire stories like this. Where would we be in this world without these stories? All because people have a vision & dream & passion & they put that into action & here we are, reaping the benefits of their brilliancy! I am inspired by people like these. His timeline goes back to 1837 when at age 18 he traveled to his new land, worked hard, toiled the soil & let his dream within become a reality! I tip my hat to you Johann Gramp!

No comments:

Post a Comment