Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Cakebread Wine...over the weekend..YUM!


Over the weekend I uncorked a bottle of Cakebread Cellars wine to share with a friend. A gift from another friend, I was saving it for a special occasion. I have had this delicious luxury several years ago when a friend of mine introduced me to the wines of California. I loved it then & I love it now!
Cakebread Cellars of Napa Valley had their first vintage in 1973. They produce world-class wines. I have been honored to have been given several bottles of their outstanding wine. I remembered well as I lifted that glass to my lips. When you have a luscious wine you can almost always recall the smell & taste even if it has been several years since it hit your palate. It was all I had remembered and more. The color bold & beautiful, deep & dark. Berry scents from blackberries to boysenberries. Touched with earthy scents & violets, soft and gentle. With hints of coffee & mocha. It was grand to drink of this fruit once again. The tannins were soft and silky. It is indeed still one of my favorites & I am touched to have been given this wine once again as a gift. For me it is a special occasion wine I would bring out for my friends....that is if I happen to receive another bottle as a gift! The alcohol content is 15.1% .It is made from 100% syrah grapes seasoned in French Oak barrels. I would love to go to a Cakebread Cellars tasting.....to me it would be like going to the spa...exciting then relaxing and refreshing at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment