Tuesday, April 12, 2011

3 Women~Lunch & Wine...........

Lunch time with 2 wonderful friends can be a superb time. Especially on a weekday when you ordinarily do not have people over to your home for lunch. Last minute idea's are sometimes the best. Break out the box of Hardy's Cabernet Sauvignon, serve up some stir fry and offer up some homemade fudge brownies with peanut butter chucks....and the fun begins! This was my plan.It was a grand 3 or so hours we chatted up a storm. Happiness and joy in my home around my table are the best moments in time with my awesome friends. (living room & fireplace tie for this spot) We are 50'ish women, been through a lot, each story different but at the same time similar. At times now going through a lot, allowing it each step of the way to make us stronger. Stronger to share with others, creating a common bond with each other. Still growing and loving every minute of it. Learning from each other....not only where we have been but where we are going and everything in between. Yes, women need women.(we need men too) We are each others support team...even if we just sit and listen. Listening....I hope I do this well. My friends have been a great support system for me this last year. I thank God for them. 
Relaxed...this is how the afternoon ended yesterday. Spur of the moment....box of wine...crystal glasses ....smiles.....laughs....great weather.....yummy food.....friends being friends. Yes this is what our days are made of....moments to remember. Do something spontaneous sometime like we did, when you usually do not entertain. Good times....Good Friends....Good Wine...Life is Good!
The wine? One of my most favorites ...not just because it comes in a box. But our stores are not carrying any more Hardy's red in a box any more...need to ask Hardy's why. Maybe the box is changing? Hard to believe they tell me no one bought it....It always appeared to fly off the shelves in our stores.But until the last drop is out of this one I will enjoy it. A box of Hardy's Merlot is on reserve in my hallway. I love my box wines....love bottled wines too....oh heck, I just love wine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment