Wednesday, January 12, 2011

WINE & CHOCOLATE...2 of my favorite things!



Red wine & chocolate! Great combination! But did you know that chocolate can be great with the right whites also? Actually in my readings lately I learned that "certain" types of chocolate are best with "certain" types of wines. I had always been under the assumption that dark chocolate and red wine were best together. i will give you some examples I have found and am hoping to try soon. Perhaps our normal wine tasting will turn into a one time "Wine & Chocolate Taste" . I am going to suggest this to the ladies and see their thoughts on this. I will be now referring to Lindt chocolates, but other brands of your choice are just as worthy. Lindt has a bar EXCELLENCE which is 70 % cocoa goes great with MERLOT.
There 85 % cocoa is wonderfully paired with a
ZINFANDEL (perhaps a red). The EXCELLENCE "A touch of sea salt bar" is great with a RIESLING. And they have a CHILI bar which is told to be grand with PORT. Visit their website on the link provided above and see all the wonderful chocolates you can pair up with your favorite wines.

CHOCOLATE AND WINE TASTING PARTY
Go to the above link and see just how to throw a party!



CHOCOLATE WINE Chocovine
I found the link above for the Chocolate Wine on the right. This is definitely something I am hoping I can find at the store!
Above are just some fine Valentine gift ideas for the man who has no idea what to do...."chocolate is a great way to a woman's heart"...and a bit of "wine" ....oh my!

No comments:

Post a Comment