Friday, October 29, 2010

THINKING & DRINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX ©2010

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX.....LET'S DRINK BOXED WINE!






After a few years of wine drinking I decided to try the wine's in a box. I am partial to Australian reds. Yellow Tail wines are among my favorites to drink. So when I saw the Hardy's (who makes Yellow Tail) had wine in a box I was sold! For $17.99, sometimes on sale for $14.99 I could get a box equal to 4 bottles. That made it about half the price I was paying to purchase it in the bottle. In the bottle sometimes if you did not finish the bottle it would be wasted. With the box, drinking my small glass ordered by my doctor each night my box of wine would last me between 3 or 4 weeks. Among my favorites in the Hardy's box was Shiraz & Cabernet Sauvignon. It would stay fresh the entire month and there was no waste. I may have felt a bit silly squeezing the foil bag till the last drop was released for me to savor, but when I think of all the savings it did not matter to me. A month or so ago over at Gaynor's house I tried the Hungarian wine Pinot Evil ...this is becoming a nice change for me to switch back and forth with. If you click on the boxes of wine above they will take you to places on the web you can read about the wines.
Lisa's favorite wine in a box is Fish Eye Cabernet...she says "
I am partial only to the Fish Eye box. Very decent and not as large a box as, say, the Franzia and others. I like the Shiraz/Cab blend. "

I have never yet tried Fisheye Wines but I will be sure to do so soon. I value Lisa's opinion.
Chrissy has no favorite wine in the box (YET).....we will have to work on that for her.
As soon as Gaynor gets her wine list into me I will be sure to post it here for you.
Personally I think the box wine is the way to go..I still like buying a bottle or 2 now and then for when I want to try a new wine or have the full effect of a nice evening opening a bottle and sharing it with my friends.
How about you? Do you have a favorite in the box you would like to share with us? We are always looking for new ones to try. Comment below and let us know so we can try them.
Everyone have a wonderful weekend and please be careful...do not drink in excess and then drive. Be safe.....Live to love & Love to live & don' t forget to "Live life fully & abundantly"






No comments:

Post a Comment